Fixing up our new home
Renovations are underway across the University of Oregon's northeast Portland campus. The work will update buildings for safety, technology and to support the academic and research work of our students and faculty.
KISS Coffee has opened a new location in the Library and Learning Center.
The University of Oregon is seeking an experienced retail market operator interested in leasing and operating a market in the UO Portland Campus Center. Proposals could include a fully staffed market, an automated market, or other creative ideas to provides a variety of pre-packed fresh and snack food, school supplies, spirit gear, and sundries to support our campus community.
Temporary fencing has been installed around the south section of campus while renovations continue on the Innovation Building, UO Portland Campus Center, and Highland Hall. For pedestrian safety, especially related to Faubion School, NE 29th Street is closed between NE Holman and NE Rosa Parks Way. This will limit construction vehicles on NE Rosa Parks Way.
The fence will come down when the buildings open in fall 2024. Community members are welcome to continue to enjoy the Library and Learning Center and the green space outside that building.
The demolition phase of the renovations to the Innovation Building, UO Portland Campus Center and Highland Hall has concluded. Contractors will shift to remodeling work. A temporary construction fence around the buildings will be installed for safety and security during this phase.
KISS Coffee will open a new location in the coffee shop space in the Library and Learning Center. Renovations are underway and KISS on Campus is expected to open in early 2024.
Painting, carpeting and minor construction has been completed in the Library & Learning Center.
Landscaping work and outside maintenance took place over the summer. New benches in front of the Library & Learning Center, as well as landmark signs and banners, were installed.
Demolition and cleanup work will start in the Innovation Center, UO Portland Campus Center and Highland Hall to allow for renovation work in early 2024.
- March – Announcement of intent to purchase campus
- June – Purchase finalized
- August – Space planning starts
- Fall – Space preparations begins
- Winter – Design work by architecture firms, site and IT improvements begin
- Spring – Renovations start, updated signage
- July – Some employees and programs will begin to move
- August/September – Some classes start on campus
- Winter/Spring – Renovations of spaces continues
- Summer – Final set of employees and programs expected to move (tentative schedule)
- Fall – All UO Portland classes offered on campus (tentative schedule)