Portland Internship Experience
“How was your summer?"
Imagine the response you might give after completing the Portland Internship Experience.
Spend 10 weeks working for a non-profit, small business or educational organization on projects that make a difference in the community. Learn skills to prepare for a career, made connections with others in the community, and earned a $5,000 stipend. Then head back to Eugene for fall term with professional experience and stories to share.
Ready to learn more?
How it works
My time as a marketing and communications intern has been nothing short of transformative. I had many fulfilling project opportunities, ranging from archival organization to writing an article and press release. I learned invaluable lessons in organization and professional communications, as well as collaboration, feedback, and always striving to develop my skills. However, it was the guidance and support from those I worked with that fostered such immense professional growth.
I will endlessly treasure this experience.
Important dates for 2024
- Jan. 5-Feb. 12: Online application period
- Feb. 26-April 1: PIE portal open to accepted students
- April 3-19: Employers select students for interviews
- April 19: Deadline for employers to offer internship to their top candidate
- April 22: Deadline for students to accept or decline internship (sites may make an offer to another candidate after this date)
- June 19-21: Interns required to be in Portland for in-person orientation
- June 24-Aug. 30: Internship working 30-40 hours each week.
- Aug. 28: End of program event